CCSA is excited to announce a new addition to the 2021-22 Cyclones Coaching staff. Coach Felix Acosta.
From CSA Director Eddie Carmean:
“We are thrilled to have Coach Felix Acosta back with CCSA. Coach Felix has traveled the globe in his quest for soccer knowledge. He is looking forward to sharing the knowledge gathered in Spain, Portugal, Germany, Costa Rica, Austria, Peru and France in the Cape Coral community that he raised his family in”.
Coach Felix Acosta has been coaching in SWFL for 15 years, involved with the development of recreational, competitive, and collegiate athletes. During his coaching education he earned his United States Soccer Federation (USSF) National “A” License, United Soccer Coaches (USC) D.O.C Diploma, (USSF) National Youth License, (NSCAA) Goalkeeping National Diploma, and Founder of Acosta Academy of Excellence(2014). His experience goes beyond SWFL, traveling nationally and internationally to compete, and educate himself about other soccer cultures. Some of these travels include:
- Adidas International Training Program (2013); Real Madrid CF, Spain
- USSF “A” License International Workshop (2015); FC Porto, Benfica, Sporting of Lisbon FC, Portugal
- 45th Annual McDonald’s Cup and Cordial Cup (2016); Weil en Rhein, Germany and Kembs, France – First team from United States to compete in tournament, where the youth academies of Juventus, Chelsea, Olympique de Marseille, Bayer 04 Leverkusan, FC Barcelona, and eventual tournament champions Borussia Dortmund competed as well.
- Took 2003-2004 age group boys to Costa Rica (2017) to compete in exhibitions against youth academies of professional clubs Alajuela, Belen, and Regional Select Players.
- Austria (2018) Cordial Cup with the U15 Boys, some of youth academies that competed Borussia Dortmund, Red Bull FuBallakademie Salzburg, Ajax Amsterdam, FSV Mainz, Yokahama Japan.
- Peru Dec 2018 and Dec 2019, Exhibitions games U15-U16 youth academies Alianza Lima, Universitario, Deportivo Municipal and Attend Coaches (ANEF) Seminario Internacional
Coach Felix hopes to continue using his knowledge and experience to properly educate as many youth athletes as possible, and guide them to understand, respect, and enjoy the game of soccer.